A Circuit for the Square Root of the Sum of Two Squared Voltages using an IC LM311 Open Collector Comparator
A circuit which accepts two input dc voltages V1 and V2 and provides an output dc voltage VO equal to the square root of the sum of the two squared voltages of V1 and V2, using an LM311 open collector comparator based single quadrant time division multiplier is described in this paper.
H. O. Modi, V. J. Kumar, P. Sankaran, “Feedback compensated synchronous and multiplier type phase sensitive detectors”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 646-649, 1991
T. E. Stern, R. M. Lerner,”A circuit for the square root of the sum of the squares”, Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 51, No. 4, pp. 593-596, 1963
M. Tomata, Y. Sugiyamma, K. Yamaguchi, “An electronic multiplier for accurate power measurements”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 245-251, 1968
T. S. Rathore, B. B. Bhattacharyya, “A new type of analog multiplier”, IEEE Trans on Industrial Electronics, Vol IE-31, No. 3, pp. 268-271, 1984
J. Greg Johnson, “Analysis of the modified Tomata-Sugiyama-Yamaguchi Multiplier”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 11-16, 1984
National Semiconductor Corporation, CMOS Data Book, 1982
MetricsAbstract Views: 539
PDF Downloads: 101
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- K. C. Selvam, S. Latha, A Simple Square Rooting Circuit Based on Operational Amplifiers (OPAMPs) , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 3 No. 1 (2013): February, 2013
- K. C. Selvam, S. Latha, A Novel Voltage Divider Circuit , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 2 No. 5 (2012): October, 2012