A Novel Voltage Divider Circuit
A novel analog divider is described in this paper. The circuit enables the division of a dc voltage with another dc voltage. The constant of the division is dependent upon a third dc voltage and a pair of resistors. Employing a precision source for the third dc voltage and matched resistors, an acceptable level of accuracy can be obtained.
J. G. Graeme, Applications of Op Amps: third generation techniques, McGraw Hill, 1973
D. Ghosh, D. Patranabis, “A simple analog divider having independent control of sensitivity and design conditions”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 522-526, 1990
G. Han, E. Sanchez-Sinencio, “CMOS Transconductance Multipliers; A Tutorial”. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Analog and Digital Signal Processing, Vol. 45, No. 12, pp. 1550-1563, 1998
T. L. Laopoulos, C. A. Karybakas, “A simple analog division scheme”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 779-782, 1991
S. -I. Liu, J. -J. Chen, “Realisation of analog divider using current feedback amplifiers”, IEE Proceedings - Circuits Devices Systems, Vol. 142, No. 1, pp. 45-48, 1995
N. I. Khachab, M. Ismail, “MOS multiplier/divider cell for analog VLSI”, Electronic Letters, Vol. 25, No. 23, pp. 1550-1552, 1989
C. A. De La Blas, A. Lopez, “A novel two quadrant MOS translinear squarer-divider cell”, IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems, pp. 5-8, 2008
M. A. Al–Absi, “ Low-voltage and low–power CMOS current-mode divider and 1/x circuit”, IEEE International conference on Electronic Devices, Systems and Applications (ICEDSA), pp. 245–247, 2010
MetricsAbstract Views: 340
PDF Downloads: 139
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- K. C. Selvam, A Circuit for the Square Root of the Sum of Two Squared Voltages using an IC LM311 Open Collector Comparator , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 3 No. 6 (2013): December, 2013
- K. C. Selvam, S. Latha, A Simple Square Rooting Circuit Based on Operational Amplifiers (OPAMPs) , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 3 No. 1 (2013): February, 2013