A Simple Square Rooting Circuit Based on Operational Amplifiers (OPAMPs)
A simple circuit which accepts a negative voltage as input and provides an output voltage equal to the square root of the input voltage is described in this paper. The square rooting operation is dependent only on the ratio of two resistors and a DC voltage. Hence, the required accuracy can be obtained by employing precision resistors and a stable reference voltage. The feasibility of the circuit is examined by testing the results on a proto type.
E. O. Doebelin, Measurement systems: application and design, Mc Graw Hill, New York, 2004
M. A. Atmanand, “Novel Schemes for impedance measurement and their implementation through electronic circuits”, Ph.D Thesis, IIT Madras, 1996
S. I. Liu, “Square-rooting and vector summation circuits using current conveyors”, IEE Proc. Circuits., Dev. Syst., Vol. 142, No. 4, pp. 223-226, 1995
V. Riewruja, “Simple square rooting circuit using OTAs”, Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 17, pp. 1000-1002, 2008
C. Netbut, M. Kumngern, P. Prommee, K. Dejhan, “New simple square rooting circuits based on translinear current conveyors”, ECTI Tranasactions on Elecrtrical Eng., Electronics and Communication, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 10-17, 2007
W. Tangsrirat, T. Pukkalanun, P. Mongkolwai, W. Surakampontorn, “Simple current mode analog multiplier, divider, square-rooter and square based on CDTAs”, AEU-Int. J. Electron. Commun., Vol. 65, No. 3, pp. 198-203, 2011
P. Mongkolwai, D. Prasertsom, W. Tangsrirat, “CFTA- based current controlled current amplifier and its application”, 25th International Technical Conference on Circuits/Systems, Computers and Communications (ITC-CSCC 2010), Pattaya, Thailand, 2010
MetricsAbstract Views: 426
PDF Downloads: 1174
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- K. C. Selvam, A Circuit for the Square Root of the Sum of Two Squared Voltages using an IC LM311 Open Collector Comparator , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 3 No. 6 (2013): December, 2013
- K. C. Selvam, S. Latha, A Novel Voltage Divider Circuit , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 2 No. 5 (2012): October, 2012