A Compact Quint-Band Bandpass Filter Based on Stub-Loaded Resonators
This paper presents a planar quant-band bandpass filter with a high out-of-band rejection. The filter is based on inter-coupled stub-loaded resonators, where pairs of resonators are electromagnetically coupled to each other and the feed lines. This results in excitation of passbands, where the first and the third passbands are generated by λ/4 stub-loaded resonators. The second and the fifth passbands are excited by λ/2 stub-loaded resonators. And the fourth passband is generated by λ/2 resonators. The proposed technique provides sufficient degree of freedom to control the center frequency and bandwidth of the five passbands. In addition, the seven transmission zeros created around the passbands results in a quant-band filter with high selectivity, sharp 3dB cut-off frequency, high isolation, and low passband insertion-loss. Design methodology and simulation results of the filter are provided.
J. C. Liu, J. W. Wang, B. H. Zeng, D. C. Chang, “CPW-fed dual mode double-square-ring resonators for quad-band filters”, IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 142–144, 2010
C. Cui, Y. Liu, “Quad-band bandpass filter design by embedding dual-band bandpass filter with dual-mode notch elements”, Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 23, pp. 1719–1720, 2014
J. Xiao, Y. Zhu, Y. Li, X. Li, “Miniature quad-band bandpass filter with passband individually controllable using folded SIR”, Electronics Letters, Vol. 50, No. 9, pp. 679–680, 2014
H. Liu, B. Ren, X. Guan, P. Wen, Y. Wang, “Quad-Band High-Temperature Superconducting Bandpass Filter Using Quadruple-Mode Square Ring Loaded Resonator”, IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 62, No. 12, pp. 2931–2941, 2014
C. Chen, “Design of a compact microstrip quint-band filter based on the tri-mode stub-loaded stepped-impedance resonators”, IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 22, No. 7, pp. 357–359, 2012
K. Hsu, W. Hung, W. Tu, “Compact quint-band microstrip bandpass filter using double-layered substrate”, Proc. IEEE MTT-S, Int. Dig., Seattle, WA, USA, pp. 1–4, 2013
J. Ai, Y. Zhang, K. D. Xu, D. Li, Y. Fan, “Miniaturized quint-band bandpass filter based on multi-mode resonator and λ/4 resonators with mixed electric and magnetic coupling”, Microw. Wirel. Compon. Lett., Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 343–345, 2016
X. Y. Zhang, Q. Xue, “Dual-band bandpass filter using stub-loaded resonators,” IEEE Microw. Wireless. Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 8, pp. 583–585, 2007
MetricsAbstract Views: 493
PDF () Downloads: 28 PDF Downloads: 77
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- L. Caccetta, M. Alameen, M. Abdul-Niby, An Improved Clarke and Wright Algorithm to Solve the Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 3 No. 2 (2013): April, 2013
- M. Abdul-Niby, M. Farhat, M. Abdullah, A. Nazzal, A Low Cost Automated Weather Station for Real Time Local Measurements , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2017): June, 2017
- M. Abdul-Niby, M. Farhat, M. Nahas, Μ. Μ. Alomari, A Compact Tri-Band Bandpass Filter with High Out-of-Band Rejection , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 7 No. 4 (2017): August, 2017
- M. Abdul-Niby, M. Alameen, O. Irscheid, M. Baidoun, H. Mourtada, A Hands-Free Obstacle Detection and Avoidance System , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 5 No. 3 (2015): June, 2015
- Μ. Μ. Alomari, M. S. Widyan, M. Abdul-Niby, A. Gheitasi, Hopf Bifurcation Control of Subsynchronous Resonance Utilizing UPFC , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2017): June, 2017
- M. Abdul-Niby, M. Alameen, H. Baitie, A Simple Phase Shifting Technique for an Injection Locked Oscillator , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 6 No. 6 (2016): December, 2016
- M. Abdul-Niby, M. Alameen, A. Salhieh, A. Radhi, Improved Genetic and Simulating Annealing Algorithms to Solve the Traveling Salesman Problem Using Constraint Programming , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 6 No. 2 (2016): April, 2016