Optimal Resources Planning of Residential Complex Energy System in a Day-ahead Market Based on Invasive Weed Optimization Algorithm
This paper deals with optimal resources planning in a residential complex energy system, including FC (fuel cell), PV (Photovoltaic) panels and the battery. A day-ahead energy management system (EMS) based on invasive weed optimization (IWO) algorithm is defined for managing different resources to determine an optimal operation schedule for the energy resources at each time interval to minimize the operation cost of a smart residential complex energy system. Moreover, in this paper the impacts of the sell to grid and purchase from grid are also considered. All practical constraints of the each energy resources and utility policies are taken into account. Moreover, sensitivity analysis are conducted on electricity prices and sell to grid factor (SGF), in order to improve understanding the impact of key parameters on residential CHP systems economy. It is shown that proposed system can meet all electrical and thermal demands with economic point of view. Also enhancement of electricity price leads to substantial growth in utilization of proposed CHP system.
H. Ren , W. Gao, Y. Ruan, â€œOptimal sizing for residential CHP systemâ€, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 28, No. 5-6, pp. 514â€“523, 2008
Y. Yang, W. Pei, Z. Qi, â€œOptimal Sizing of Renewable Energy and CHP Hybrid Energy Microgrid Systemâ€, IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Tech. ASIA Conf., pp. 1-5, China, May 21-24, 2012
M. H. Moradi, M. Eskandari, M. Hossenian, â€œOperation strategy optimization in an optimal sized microgridâ€, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 1087â€“1095, 2015
M. J. Sanjari, H. Karami, A. H. Yatim, G. B. Gharehpetian, â€œApplication of Hyper-Spherical Search algorithm for optimal energy resources dispatch in residential microgridsâ€, Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 35, pp. 15-23, 2015
H. Karami, M. J. Sanjari, S. H. Hosseinian, G. B. Gharehpetian, â€œAn Optimal Dispatch Algorithm for Managing Residential Distributed Energy Resourcesâ€, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 2360-2367, 2014
G. Notton, C. Cristofari, M. Mattei, P. Poggi, â€œModelling of a double-glass photovoltaic module using finite differencesâ€, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 17-18, pp. 2854â€“2877, 2005
E. Skoplaki, J.A. Palyvos, â€œOn the temperature dependence of photovoltaic module electrical performance: A review of efficiency/power correlationsâ€, Solar Energy, Vol. 83, No. 5, pp. 614-624, 2009
M. Y. El-Sharkh, M. Tanrioven, A. Rahman, M. S. Alam, â€œCost related sensitivity analysis for optimal operation of a grid-parallel PEM fuel cell power plantâ€, Power Sources, Vol. 161, No. 2, pp. 1198â€“1207, 2006
A. Gianfreda, L. Grossi, â€œZonal price analysis of the Italian wholesale electricity marketâ€, 6th International Conference on the European Energy Market, pp. 1-6, Belgium, May 27-29, 2009
S. Y. Derakhshandeh, A. S. Masoum, S. Deilami, M. A. S. Masoum,, M. E. Hamedani Golshan, â€œCoordination of Generation Scheduling with PEVs Charging in Industrial Microgridsâ€, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 3451 â€“ 3461, 2013
H. S. Rad, C. Lucas â€œA recommender system based on invasive weed optimization algorithmâ€, IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Singapore, September 25-28, 2007
Akbar Maleki, Alireza Askarzadeh, â€œOptimal sizing of a PV/wind/diesel system with battery storage for electrification to an off-grid remote region: A case study of Rafsanjan,Iranâ€, Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, Vol. 7, pp. 147â€“153, 2014
M. Ahmadi, H. Mojallali, R. Izadi-Zamanabadi, â€œState estimation of nonlinear stochastic systems using a novel meta-heuristic particle filterâ€, Swarm & Evolutionary Computation, Vol. 4, pp. 44â€“53, 2012
S. Karimkashi, A. A. Kishk, â€œInvasive Weed Optimization and its Features in Electromagneticsâ€, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 4, pp. 1269â€“78, 2010
S.G. Tichi, M. M.Ardehali, M.E.Nazari, â€œExamination of energy price policies in Iran for optimal configuration of CHP and CCHP systems based on particle swarm optimization algorithmâ€, Energy Policy, Vol. 38, No. 10, pp. 6240â€“6250, 2010
PDF Downloads 176
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- A. Safaei, S. H. Hosseinian, H. Askarian Abyaneh, Enhancing the HVRT and LVRT Capabilities of DFIG-based Wind Turbine in an Islanded Microgrid , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 7 No. 6 (2017): December, 2017
- A. Khodadadi, M. H. Nazari, S. H. Hosseinian, Designing an Optimal Lightning Protection Scheme for Substations Using Shielding Wires , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 7 No. 3 (2017): June, 2017