An Efficiency Study of the Aerodynamic Sound Generators Suitable for Acoustic Particle Agglomeration
The object of this study is the acoustic field generated by aerodynamic acoustic generators of various types and designs. Six types of aerodynamic acoustic generators were studied experimentally and theoretically to determine the parameters of their generated acoustic field. It was established that the aerodynamic Hartmann type sound generator produces the necessary for acoustic particle agglomeration acoustic field and can be used in acoustic air cleaning equipment. It was established that classical theoretical calculation methods underestimate the design features of aerodynamic acoustic generators and cannot be used to calculate their characteristics.
V. Vekteris, I. Tetsman, V. Mokshin, “Investigation of the efficiency of the lateral exhaust hood enhanced by aeroacoustic air flow”, Process Safety and Environmental Protection, Vol. 109, pp. 224-232, 2017
V. Vekteris, I. Tetsman, V. Moksin, “Experimental investigation of influence of acoustic wave on vapour precipitation process”, Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 408-412, 2013
V. Vekteris, V. Strishka, D. Ozarovskis, V. Mokshin, “Numerical simulation of air flow inside acoustic cyclone separator”, Aerosol and Air Quality Research, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 625-633, 2015
J. Yan, L. Chen, L. Yang, “Combined effect of acoustic agglomeration and vapor condensation on fine particles removal”, Chemical Engineering Journal, Vol. 290, pp. 319-327, 2016
B. F. Ng, J. W. Xiong, M. P. Wan, “Application of acoustic agglomeration to enhance air filtration efficiency in air-conditioning and mechanical ventilation (ACMV) systems”, PLoS ONE, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 1-26, 2017
K. Kilikeviciene, R. Kacianauskas, A. Kilikevicius, A. Maknickas, J. Matijosius, A. Rimkus, D. Vainorius, “Experimental investigation of acoustic agglomeration of diesel engine exhaust particles using new created acoustic chamber”, Powder Technology, Vol. 360, pp. 421-429, 2020
V. N. Khmeliov, A. V. Shalunov, R. V. Barsukov, S. N. Tsyganok, D. S. Abramenko, “Acoustic coagulation of aerosols”, Vestnik of the I.I. Polzunov Altai State Technical University, No. 1-2, pp. 66-74, 2008 (in Russian)
A. V. Gridchin, A. V. Shalunov, K. V. Shalunova, A. N. Galakhov, V. N. Khmeliov, S. N. Tsyganok, A. N. Lebedev, “Multifrequency ultrasonic oscillating system with stepped disk emitter”, 10th International Conference and Seminar on Micro/Nanotechnologies and Electron Devices, Novosibirsk, Russia, July 1-6, 2009 (in Russian)
MetricsAbstract Views: 99
PDF Downloads: 56
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- B. Spruogis, A. Jakstas, V. Gican, V. Turla, V. Moksin, Further Research on an Anti-Swing Control System for Overhead Cranes , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 8 No. 1 (2018): February, 2018
- V. Vekteris, I. Tetsman, V. Moksin, Experimental Investigation of Influence of Acoustic Wave on Vapour Precipitation Process , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 3 No. 2 (2013): April, 2013