Application of Time Recursive Processing for the Development of a Time/Phase Shifter
This paper describes a powerful digital time and/or phase shifter of pulse rates, based on Time Recursive Processing. It can function either as a time shifter or as a phase shifter. The circuit can generate precise shifting for a pulse rate with a constant input period, but it is also capable to shift a pulse rate whose period is a ramp function. Besides that, the shifter can be used in tracking and prediction applications. The shifter is described by recursive equations as a linear discrete system. All mathematical analyses are made using the Z transform. Computer simulations are employed to prove the correctness of the mathematical analysis. The realization of the shifter is described and, to demonstrate the shifter functioning, actual oscilloscope screenshots are presented.
D. Perisic, M. Perisic, S. Rankov, “Phase shifter based on a Recursive Phase Locked Loop of the second order”, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn.–Electrotechn. et Energ., Vol. 59, No. 4, pp. 391–400, 2014
D. Perisic, A. Zoric, D. Babic, D. Perisic, “Recursive PLL of the First Order”, Przegląd Elektrotechniczny, Vol. 89, No.7, pp. 50-53, 2013
D. Perisic, A. Zoric, S. Obradovic, D. Perisic, “FLL as digital period synthesizer based on Binary Rate Multiplier control”, Przegląd Elektrotechniczny, Vol. 89, No. 1a, pp. 145-148, 2013
D. Perisic, M. Bojovic, “Multipurpose Time Recursive PLL ”, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn.–Electrotechn. et Energ., Vol. 61, No. 3, pp. 283–288, 2016
D. Perisic, A. Zoric, M. Perisic, D. Mitic, “Analysis and Application of FLL based on the Processing of the Input and Output Periods”, Automatika, Vol. 57, pp. 230–238, 2016
D. Perisic, M. Perisic, D. Mitic, M. Vasic “Time Recursive Frequency Locked Loop for the tracking applications”, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn.–Electrotechn. et Energ., Vol. 60, No. 2, pp. 195–203, 2015
D. Perisic, A. Zoric, M. Perisic, V. Arsenovic, L. Lazic “Recursive PLL based on the Measurement and Processing of Time”, Elektronika ir Elektrotechnika, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 33-36, 2014
D. Perisic, A. Zoric, D. Babic, D. Perisic, “Decoding and Prediction of Energy state in Consumption control”, Rev. Roum. Sci. Techn.–Electrotechn. et Energ., Vol. 58, No. 3, pp. 263–272, 2013
D. Perisic, A. Zoric, S. Obradovic, S. Spalevic, “Application of Frequency Locked Loop in Consumption Peak Load Control”, Przegląd Elektrotechniczny, Vol. 88, No. 1b, pp. 264-267, 2012
R. N. Dean, A. K. Rane, “Digital Frequency-Locked Loop System for Capacitance Measurement”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 62, No. 4, pp. 777-784, 2013
M. Abdul-Niby, M. Alameen, H.Baitie, "A Simple Phase Shifting Technique for an Injection Locked Oscillator" Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 1303-1306, 2016
D. Jovcic, “Phase locked loop system for FACTS”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 2116-2124, 2003
D. Abramovich, “Phase-locked loops: a control centric tutorial”, American Control Conference, Vol 1, pp. 1-15, USA, November 07, 2002
A. S. N. Mokhtar, M. B. I. Raez, M. Marufuzzaman, M. A. M. Ali, “Hardware implementation of a high speed inverse park transformation using cordic and pll for foc brushless servo drive”, Elektronika ir Elektrotechnika, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 23-26, 2013
M. Pastor, J. Dudric, “Grid-tied 15-level Cascade Inverter with Predictive Current Control”, Elektronika ir Elektrotechnika, Vol 18, No. 9, pp. 19-22, 2012
G. Bianchi, Phase-Locked Loop Synthesizer Simulation, Nc-Hill, Inc. New York, USA, 2005
R. Vich, Z Transform Theory and Application (Mathematics and Applications), Springer, 1987
D. B. Tablot, Frequency Acquisition Techniques for Phase Locked Loops, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2012
MetricsAbstract Views: 501
PDF Downloads: 90
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- D. M. Perisic, A. C. Zoric, Z. Gavric, A Frequency Multiplier Based on Time Recursive Processing , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 7 No. 6 (2017): December, 2017
- D. M. Perisic, V. Petrovic, B. Kovacevic, Frequency Locked Loop Based on the Time Nonrecursive Processing , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 8 No. 5 (2018): October, 2018