Sliding Mode Observer and Event Triggering Mechanism Co-design
Sliding mode observer and event triggering mechanism co-design is the subject of this paper. The synthesis of a sliding mode observer under any event triggering mechanism is given, where the proposed observer can be viewed as a special structure of the Kalman filter. Then, the event triggering condition is updated according to the coverage index value computed with the help of the reachability set representation. A numerical example illustrates the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
Y. Shtessel, C. Edwards, L. Fridman, A. Levant, Sliding mode control and observation, Birkhauser Basel, 2014
S. Hui, S. H. Zak, “Observer design for systems with unknown inputs”, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 431-446, 2005
B. Walcott, S. H. Zak, “State observation of nonlinear uncertain dynamical systems”, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. 32 No. 2, pp. 166-170, 1987
B. W. Edwards, S. K. Spurgeon, R. J. Patton,“Sliding mode observers for fault detection and isolation”, Automatica, Vol. 36, pp. 541-553, 2000
O. Aydogdu, M. L. Levent, “Kalman state estimation and LQR assisted adaptive control of a variable loaded servo system”, Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 4125-4130, 2019
S. V. Drakunov, “An adaptive quasi-optimal ﬁlter with discontinuous parameters”, Automation and Remote Control, Vol. 44, No. 9, pp. 1167-1175, 1983
S. V. Drakunov, “Sliding mode observers based on equivalent control method”, 31st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Tucson, USA, December 16-18, 1992
S. V. Drakunov, V. I. Utkin, “Sliding mode observers. Tutorial”, in: Proceedings of 34th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Vol. 4, pp. 3376-3378, IEEE, 1995
V. I. Utkin, “Sliding modes in control and optimization”, in: Communications and Control Engineering Series, Springer-Verlag, 1992
J. Sijs, B. Noack, M. Lazar, U. D. Hanebeck, “Time-periodic state estimation with event-based measurement updates”, in: Event-Based Control and Signal Processing. CRC Press, 2016
D. Shi, L. Shi, T. Chen, Event-based state estimation, Springer, 2016
S. P. Singh, S. C. Sharma, “A novel energy efficient clustering algorithm for wireless sensor networks”, Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 1775-1780, 2017
L. Li, M. Lemmon, X. Wang, “Event-triggered state estimation in vector linear processes”, 2010 American Control Conference, Baltimore, USA, June 30-July 2, 2016
R. Cogill, S. Lall, J. P. Hespanha, “A constant factor approximation algorithm for event-based sampling”, in: Perspectives in Mathematical System Theory, Control, and Signal Processing, Springer, 2010
S. Trimpe, “Predictive and sell triggering for event-based state estimation”, IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control, Las Vegas, USA, December 12-14, 2016
MetricsAbstract Views: 95
PDF Downloads: 61
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- S. Latreche, A. E. Badoud, M. Khemliche, Implementation of MPPT Algorithm and Supervision of Shading on Photovoltaic Module , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 8 No. 6 (2018): December, 2018
- F. Chermat, M. Khemliche, A. E. Badoud, S. Latreche, Techno-Economic Feasibility Study of Investigation of Renewable Energy System for Rural Electrification in South Algeria , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 8 No. 5 (2018): October, 2018