Using Fast Hot Shock Wave Consolidation Technology to Produce Superconducting MgB2
The original hot shock wave assisted consolidation method combining high temperature was applied with the two-stage explosive process without any further sintering to produce superconducting materials with high density and integrity. The consolidation of MgB2 billets was performed at temperatures above the Mg melting point and up to 1000oC in partially liquid condition of Mg-2B blend powders. The influence of the type of boron (B) isotope in the composition on critical temperature and superconductive properties was evaluated. An example of a hybrid Cu-MgB2–Cu superconducting tube is demonstrated and conclusions are discussed.
J. Nagamatsu, N. Nakagawa, T. Muranaka, Y. Zenitani, J. Akimitsu, “Superconductivity at 39 K in magnesium diboride”, Nature, Vol. 410, No. 6824, pp. 63-64, 2001
C. H. Jiang, T. Nakane, H. Hatakeyama, H. Kumakura, “Enhanced Jc property in nano-SiC doped thin MgB2/Fe wires by a modified in situ PIT process”, Physica C, Vol. 422, No. 3-4, pp. 127-131, 2005
V. I. Mali, V. A. Neronov, V. P. Perminov, M. A. Korchagin, T. S. Teslenko, “Explosive incited magnesium diboride synthesis”, Chemistry for Sustainable Development, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 449–451, 2005
N. Orlinska, A. Zaleski, Z. Wokulski, G. Dercz, “Characterization of heat treatment MgB2 rods obtained by PIT technique with explosive consolidation method”, Archives of Metallurgy and Materials, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 927-932, 2008
M. J. Holcomb, “Supercurrents in magnesium diboride/metal composite wire”, Physica C: Superconductivity and its Applications, Vol. 423, No. 3-4, pp. 103-108, 2005
T. A. Priknha, W. Gawalek, Ya. M. Savchuk, V. E. Moshchil, N. V. Sergienko, A. B. Surzhenko, M. Wendt, S. N. Dub, V. S. Melnikov, Ch. Schmidt, O. A. Nagorny, “High-pressure synthesis of a bulk superconductive MgB2-based material”, Physica C: Superconductivity, Vol. 386, pp. 565-568, 2003
A. G. Mamalis, I. N. Vottea, D. E. Manolakos, “Explosive compaction/cladding of metal sheathed/superconducting grooved plates: FE modeling and validation”, Physica C: Superconductivity, Vol. 410, pp. 881-883, 2004
A. P. Shapovalov, “High pressure syntheses of nanostructured superconducting materials based on magnesium diboride”, High Pressure Physics and Engineering, Vol, 23, No. 4, pp. 35-45, 2013
G. Маmniashvili, D. Daraselia, D. Japaridze, A. Peikrishvili, B. Godibadze, “Liquid-phase shock-assisted consolidation of superconducting MgB2 composites”, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, Vol. 28, No. 7, pp. 1926-1929, 2015
D. Daraselia, D. Japaridze, A. Jibuti, A. Shengelaya, K. A. Muller, “Rapid solid-state synthesis of oxides by means of irradiation with light”, Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism, Vol. 26, No. 10, pp. 2987-2991, 2013
V. V. Kostyuk, I. V. Antyukhov, E. V. Blagov, V. S. Vysotsky, B. I. Katorgin, A. A. Nosov, S. S. Fetisov, V. P. Firsov, “Experimental hybrid power transmission line with liquid hydrogen and MgB2 based superconducting cable”, Technical Physics Letters, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 279-282, 2012
T. Gegechkori, B. Godibadze, V. Peikrishvili, G. Mamniashvili, A. Peikrishvili, “One stage production of superconducting MgB2 and hybrid power transmission lines by the hot shock wave consolidation technology, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 12, No. 14, pp. 4729-4734, 2017
MetricsAbstract Views: 357
PDF Downloads: 149
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- J. Chigvinadze, S. Ashinov, G. Mamniashvili, G. Donadze, A. Peikrishvili, B. Godibadze, On the Nature of Superconducting Precursors in Bi-Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O Compositions Fabricated by Hot Shock Wave Consolidation Technology , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 8 No. 3 (2018): June, 2018
- M. M. Nadareishvili, G. Mamniashvili, D. Jishiashvili, G. Abramishvili, C. Ramana, J. Ramsden, Investigation of the Visible Light-Sensitive ZnO Photocatalytic Thin Films , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 10 No. 2 (2020): April, 2020
- J. Chigvinadze, V. Tavkhelidze, G. Mamniashvili, G. Donadze, J. V. Acrivos, D. Gulamova, Vibrating Reed Study of Superconducting Cuprates Fabricated by Superfast Melt Quenching in a Solar Furnace , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 4 (2019): August, 2019