Design of Multi-Layer Optical Fibers with Ring Refractive Index to Reduce Dispersion and Increase Bandwidth in Broadband Optical Networks
The main goal in this paper is to design single-mode optical fibers for DWDM networks, which are used today in rapid communications. These networks require low dispersion in a wide range of wavelengths. So, in this paper, multi-layer optical fibers with low dispersion value and flat dispersion slope in wavelength range of 1.5-1.6µm) are designed, using optimization algorithms.
Y. Li, C. Hussey, T. Briks, “Triple-clad single-mode fibers for dispersion shifting”, Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 1812-1819, 1993
P. Tosin, W. Luthe, H. Weber, “Triple-clad fibers for lasers and amplifiers”, Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics Europe-Technical Digest, p. 44, 1998
H. Hattori, A. Safaai-Jazi, “Fiber designs with significantly reduced nonlinearity for very long distance transmission”, Applied Optics, Vol. 37, No. 15, pp. 3190-3197, 1998
J. Cozens, A. Boucouvalas, “Coaxial optical couplers”, Electronic Letters, Vol. 18, No. 13, pp. 138-40, 1982
A. Ghatak, K. Thyagarajan, Introduction to fiber optics, Cambridge University Press, 2002
G. P. Agrawal, Fiber-optic communication systems, John Wiley & Sons. INC. 3rd Ed, 2002
K. Kawano, T. Kitoh, Introduction to optical waveguides analysis, John Wiley & Sons, 2001
X. Tian, X. Zhang, “Dispersion-flattened design of the large effective-area single-mode fibers with ring index profiles”, Optics Communications, Vol. 230, No. 1-3, pp. 105-113, 2004
A. Rostami, S. Makouei, Advances in solid state circuit technologies: a novel multiclad single mode optical fibers for broadband optical networks (chapter 7), ISBN: 978-953-307-086-5, InTech, 2010
M. Savadi-Oskouei, S. Makouei, A. Rostami, Z. D. Koozeh Kanani, “Proposal for Optical fiber designs with Ultrahigh effective area and small bending loss applicable to long haul communications”, Applied Optics, Vol. 46, No. 25, pp. 6330-6339, 2007
MetricsAbstract Views: 270
PDF Downloads: 47
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- M. Seifouri, A. Faraji, Simulation of the Optimized Structure of a Laterally Coupled Distributed Feedback (LC-DFB) Semiconductor Laser Above Threshold , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 3 No. 5 (2013): October, 2013
- M. Seifouri, F. Shahshahani, A. Faraji, Numerical Analysis of SHB Effects in Laterally-Coupled Distributed Feedback (LC-DFB) Lasers , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 2 No. 5 (2012): October, 2012