Computational Modeling of Quasi-Periodic Rudin-Shapiro Multilayered Band Gap Structure
The optical transmission spectra proprieties of the one-dimensional quasi-periodic multilayered photonic structures according to the Rudin-Shapiro distribution are studied theoretically in this paper by using a theoretical model based on the transfer matrix approach for normal incidence geometry. The influence of the layer number has been studied, i.e. the iteration order of the generating sequence of the quasi-periodic structure on the structure spectral behavior and the width of the Photonic Band Gap (PBG). It was found that the width of the PBG is proportional to the index contrast.
K. Yasumoto, Electromagnetic theory and applications for photonic crystals, CRC Press, 2006
M. Johri, Y. A. Ahmed, T. Bezboruah, “Photonic band gap materials: Technology, applications and challenges”, Current Science, Vol. 92, No. 10, pp. 1361-1366, 2007
P. K. Bhattacharya, “Photonic crystal devices”, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol. 40, No. 9, 2007
S. Hong-Yi, L. Zhi-Yean, G. Ben-Yuan, “Defect modes in multiple-constituent one-dimensional photonic crystals examined by an analytic Bloch-Mode approach”, Chinese Physics Letters, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 365-368, 2005
A. H. Aly, “Electromagnetic propagation characteristics in one dimensional photonic crystal”, in Wave Propagation in Materials for Modern Applications, InTech, pp. 193-200, 2011
W. A. Goddard, Handbook of nanoscience, engineering, and technology, CRC Press, 2003
I. Iliev, M. Nedelchev, E. Markov, “A novel 2D Z-shaped electromagnetic bandgap structure”, Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 760-763, 2015
D. Schechtman, I. Blech, D. Gratias, J. W. Cahn, “Metallic phase with long-range orientational order and no translational symmetry”, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 53, No. 20, Article ID 1951, 1984
A. Bousselmi, A. Gharsallah, T. P. Vuong, “A novel high-gain quad-band antenna with AMC metasurface for satellite positioning systems”, Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 4581-4585, 2019
M. Rattier, H. Benisty, C. J. M. Smith, A. Bernaud, D. Cassagne, C. Jouanin, T. F. Krauss, C. Weisbuch, “Performance of waveguide-based two-dimensional photonic-crystal mirrors studied with Fabry-Perot resonators”, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp. 237-243, 2001
J. H. Kim, L. Chrostowski, “Fabry-Perot cavity design in AlGaAs/GaAs using a photonic crystal slab for a resonant cavity detector”, 19th Annual Meeting of the IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society, Montreal, Canada, October 29-November 2, 2006
J. P. Allouche, P. Liardet, “Generalized Rudin–Shapiro sequences”, Acta Arithmethmetica, Vol. 60, No. 1, pp. 1-27, 1991
V. Agarwal, M. E. Mora-Ramos, B. Alvarado-Tenorio, “Optical properties of multilayered Period-Doubling and Rudin-Shapiro porous silicon dielectric heterostructures”, Photonics and Nanostructures–Fundamentals and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 63-68, 2008
W. Rudin, “Some theorems on Fourier coefficients”, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 855-859, 1959
H. S. Shapiro, Extremal problems for polynomials and power series, MSc Thesis, Massachussetts Institute of Technology, 1951
Z. Y. Li, “Principles of the plane-wave transfer-matrix method for photonic crystals”, Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, Vol. 6, No. 7, pp. 837–841, 2005
Y. Zeng, Y. Fu, X. Chen, W. Lu, H. Agren, “Extended planewave-based transfer-matrix approach to simulating dispersive photonic crystals”, Solid State Communications, Vol. 139, No. 7, pp. 328-333, 2006
A. Mouldi, M. Kanzari, “Design of microwave devices exploiting Fibonacci and hybrid periodic/Fibonacci one dimensional photonic crystals”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 40, pp. 221–240, 2012
K. Ben Abdelaziz, J. Zaghdoudi, M. Kanzari, B. Rezig, “A broad omnidirectional reflection band obtained from deformed Fibonacci quasi-periodic one dimensional photonic crystals”, Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, Vol. 7, pp. 544–549, 2005
MetricsAbstract Views: 88
PDF Downloads: 69
Copyright (c) 2020 Authors
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- R. Abbassi, A. Boudjemline, A. Abbassi, A. Torchani, H. Gasmi, T. Guesmi, A Numerical-Analytical Hybrid Approach for the Identification of SDM Solar Cell Unknown Parameters , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 8 No. 3 (2018): June, 2018
- Ι. Marouani, A. Boudjemline, T. Guesmi, H. H. Abdallah, A Modified Artificial Bee Colony for the Non-Smooth Dynamic Economic/Environmental Dispatch , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 8 No. 5 (2018): October, 2018
- H. Alsaif, Highly Compact Design of Trimmed Patch with Modified Partial Ground Structure for Extreme-Wideband Systems , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 7 No. 5 (2017): October, 2017
- A. Torchani, A. Boudjemline, H. Gasmi, Y. Bouazzi, T. Guesmi, Dynamic Economic/Environmental Dispatch Problem Considering Prohibited Operating Zones , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 5 (2019): October, 2019
- H. Gasmi, M. Touahmia, A. Torchani, E. Hamdi, A. Boudjemline, Determination of Fractured Rock’s Representative Elementary Volume by a Numerical Simulation Method , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 4 (2019): August, 2019
- H. Alsaif, Compact Hexagonal Monopole Antenna for Lower 5G Bands , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 3 (2019): June, 2019
- H. Alsaif, Extreme Wide Band MIMO Antenna System for Fifth Generation Wireless Systems , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 10 No. 2 (2020): April, 2020